This one has been a long time coming! We have previously turned makeovers around much faster (you can see the guest bedroom makeover here), but since I've been full-time with little one it's been more difficult to find the time to start & finish things all at one go. After some late nights, it is finally done! And it is one of my favourite makeovers to date.
Let's check out the before photos. When we first moved in two walls were covered with built-in cupboards, I ripped those off before I could even think of taking a photo, I just needed to see the space we would have. We were then left with stained magnolia walls that needed rescuing asap.
Starting off on the walls, we chose Earthborn Paint in Eyebright, I wanted a soft bright background to allow the room to adapt to the seasons (and my mood!) and this almost off-white grey shade was perfect!
If you haven't heard of Earthborn Paints before I would suggest you try them - it's the best paint we ever used! These were also the Mr's words and believe me, he has painted so many rooms in our homes and used so many different brands (not that I change my mind all the time, they really needed painting...), so that's a big statement. I think we found the one... The texture was great, easy to glide on to the wall, the coverage was fantastic, no smell AND it is virtually VOC free and environmentally friendly. We are not going back... Best of all, stay tuned till the end of this post for a great giveaway!
Walls sorted, I also decided to upcycle a bookcase by painting it with Earthborn Polka Dot and covering the doors for a more 'updated' look. Everything else was newly bought or moved from another room.
A light background in Earthborn Eyebright paint, allows the accessories and furniture to pop.
The wire mesh notice board was a DIY project: I bought it at Homebase and spray painted it gold to fit the scheme.
Earthborn Polka Dot looks great against the Eyebright shade, and I used wallpaper to cover the doors of the unit.
If you want to check out some of the accessories, here is where I got them from:
- Desk from IKEA
- Wire mesh notice board was a DIY job from Homebase, I spray-painted it gold and used these clips from Amazon to attach it to the wall.
- The rug and picture frames are from Urban Outfitters (they're having a sale too at the moment!)
- Plants from Amazon, and the light pendant also from Amazon.
I have been using the study since it's been completed and it is a great place to stay focused, having placed inspiration pieces and reminders wherever I look helps me stay switched on. I plan on adding and swapping around prints and I also got a hanging plant for the bookcase - you can follow me on Instagram to see how it turns out.
I hope you enjoyed the study reveal, let me know your thoughts on the comments below!
There is something else really exciting now, the amazing team at Earthborn Paints are offering one FREE tin of Lifestyle Emulsion paint for one lucky reader! I am so glad I've tried it and I am really excited for you to try it too!
All you need to do for a chance to win is enter your details below - that easy!
See T's and C's below, and GOOD LUCK!!!
1. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
2. Competition is open to Mainland UK entrants only. Over 18s only.
3. Closing date for entry will be 6th November 2016. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
5. Earthborn reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
6. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
7. Earthborn will arrange for delivery of the prize to the winner but cannot be held responsible if the prize is damaged by a third party. The winner will be notified as soon as possible if this is the case.
8. Earthborn accepts no responsibility if the prize is deemed unsuitable for the prize-winner. Please contact Earthborn if you have any questions before entering the competition.
9. Winner will be chosen at random.
10. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
12. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
13. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
*Earthborn Paints have kindly offered me the paint used in the study and are making this giveaway happen, however all opinions are my own. I only recommend brands and products that I have or would have in my own home.Competitions UK at AllUKCompetitions.com