A few months ago I shared our plans to re-decorate the lounge (here), it's taken a little while as we have been busy with the little one and I also had a month off while visiting the family in Brazil, but the time has finally come to reveal it! Before we get picture heavy, this is what we did to update the room:
- Painted the walls in a modern grey "Urbanite": this was the most dramatic change and all credit goes to my awesome husband who has taken on the project while I was away with Baby L, we have high ceilings and it has taken him almost 4 pots of paint and 4 days to get it done, and I have to say he did a great job :)
- Installed a wall-to-wall shelf as a feature, my long desired picture shelf! Credit also goes to hubby - he installed it then painted it to match the walls. There is a whole post about it here.
- Installed new blinds and curtains, and I love the contrast they created! They are from John Lewis and The Range.
- Styled my bookshelf - a job that needed doing for a long time I admit! You can read more about it here.
- Updated the cushions - I now have a mix of shop bought cushions and some that I have sewn myself. Cushions from M&S and H&M, and fabric from Ikea.
- Did some shopping - I sourced new art, accessories, frames, a new rug, a new throw, plants and storage baskets. I shopped at H&M, The Range, John Lewis, Ikea, Joss & Main, M&S, Ebay. More about some of the items here.
- I did my own art work! And it was so much fun, that there will be more to come... Read more about one of them here, and check the other ones out below in the photos.
- And after all that, I re-arranged and re-arranged and re-arranged until I got to where we are now!
I would have also liked to get new flooring, but that was not in the budget right now and our carpet is still fairly new, but that is on the list of projects for the future. (And underfloor heating too!)
Enough reading now, it's time to reveal!
Job done, for now anyway! :)
What do you think?